SOURCE: Black & VeatchDESCRIPTION:
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., July 16, 2020 /3BL Media/ – As a sponsor of the US Water Prize 2020, global water infrastructure and solutions leader Black & Veatch salutes the latest recipients of the award recognizing people and organizations advancing innovations in water management and a more sustainable water future.
The virtual awards ceremony, scheduled for 1:30 p.m. CDT next Tuesday, July 21, will recognize recipients announced earlier this month by the US Water Alliance. To register for that live celebration and a panel discussion involving the winners, click here. Follow the discussion and submit questions in advance on Twitter using #USWaterPrize and tagging @USWaterAlliance.
The winners include:
- Denver Water – Colorado’s biggest water provider – won the award for Outstanding Public Sector Organization for its “One Water” approach across the utility, from its sustainable headquarters to its driving regulatory changes at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to support water reuse.
- Named the Outstanding Private Sector Organization, Marriott International since 2016 has pursued One Water management approaches to reduce its properties’ water intensity by 15 percent by 2025.
- The Iowa Soybean Association is the Outstanding Nonprofit Organization for its innovative solutions benefitting farmers, watersheds and watershed residents. Solutions such as watershed analyses and planning bring Iowa’s agricultural community and water stakeholders together.
- The Outstanding Cross-Sector Partnership goes to the Flint Community Lab, founded by the Flint Development Center and Freshwater Future. The program helps local youth address Flint’s water challenges and plans to launch a full-time water testing lab built and run by community residents.
- National correspondent Jose A. Del Real won the award for Outstanding Journalism on the Value of Water. His coverage of people living without water in California helped fuel a fight for state legislation enacted in July 2019 that would provide clean drinking water to over one million Californians.
- The prize for Outstanding Public Official goes to Maryland U.S. Senator Ben Cardin for his promotion of water equity and increased investment in water infrastructure.
“We want to thank our US Water Prize winners and applicants for envisioning a sustainable water future for our country and undertaking the hard work to make it happen,” US Water Alliance CEO Radhika Fox said. “Our country faces complicated water challenges, but innovative and inspiring leaders can change how our country views, values and manages water.”
Along with Black & Veatch, sponsors of the US Water Prize 2020 include American Water, Evoqua, Greeley and Hansen, Stantec and Xylem.
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned engineering, procurement, consulting and construction company with a more than 100-year track record of innovation in sustainable infrastructure. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries by addressing the resilience and reliability of our world's most important infrastructure assets. Our revenues in 2019 were US$3.7 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and on social media.
About the US Water Alliance
Established in 2008, the US Water Alliance is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that educates the nation on the true value of water, accelerates the adoption of one water policies and programs, and celebrates innovation in water management. The Alliance brings together diverse interests to identify and advance common-ground, achievable solutions to our nation's most pressing water challenges. Our membership includes water providers, public officials, business leaders, environmental organizations, community leaders, policy organizations and more. Follow the US Water Alliance on Twitter and on LinkedIn.
Media Contact Information:
JIM SUHR | +1 913-458-6995 P | +1 314-422-6927 M | SuhrJ@bv.com
24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866-496-9149
KEYWORDS: Black & Veatch