- Lexaria recently celebrated the receipt of its 35th overall granted patent worldwide when the USPTO recently awarded US patent #11,700,875, titled “Compositions and Methods For Sublingual Delivery of Nicotine”
- The company described the new patent as “strategically important”
- The patent positions the company to tap into the growing oral nicotine market and offers protection in one of the world’s leading oral nicotine markets
- This patent could also lead to additional subsequent patents from within this family
- Lexaria’s DehydraTECH-nicotine formulation is patent granted for oral nicotine delivery in the US, Canada, and Australia
When Lexaria Bioscience (NASDAQ: LEXX), a global innovator in drug delivery platforms, announced receipt of an Australian patent on March 8, 2022 (https://cnw.fm/41v9c), its resolve to continue expanding its intellectual property (“IP”), particularly within the oral nicotine sector, received a significant boost. The then-new Australian patent had expanded upon the company’s IP rights to apply its DehydraTECH(TM) technology platform to most oral forms of nicotine. Still, the company intended to continue growing its existing portfolio, expanding IP protection to multiple other jurisdictions.
Motivated, Lexaria filed a new patent application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) shortly thereafter on March 22. And, more than a year later, the application has proven successful, with the company recently celebrating the receipt of the…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LEXX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://cnw.fm/LEXX
CannabisNewsWire (CNW) is an information service that provides (1) access to our news aggregation and syndication servers, (2) CannabisNewsBreaks that summarize corporate news and information, (3) enhanced press release services, (4) social media distribution and optimization services, and (5) a full array of corporate communication solutions. As a multifaceted financial news and content distribution company with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, CNW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. CNW has an ever-growing distribution network of more than 5,000 key syndication outlets across the country. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, CNW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. CNW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive instant SMS alerts, text CANNABIS to 21000 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information please visit https://www.cannabisnewswire.com
Do you have questions or are you interested in working with CNW? Ask our Editor
CannabisNewsWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.